Kyle Gilman | email@example.com | Brooklyn, NY
Agent: Julian Savodivker, APA Agency | 310-888-4256 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelor of Arts — Harvard College, Cambridge, MA
Graduated cum laude with a degree in Visual and Environmental Studies (film/video production)
The Jim Gaffigan Show Seasons One & Two 2015–16 (Editor)
Half-hour comedy starring Jim Gaffigan, airing on TV Land and Comedy Central. Produced by JAX Media.
Maron Seasons One–Three 2012–15 (Editor)
Half-hour comedy starring Marc Maron, airing on IFC. Produced by Apostle and Fox Television Studios.
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll Season One 2014–15 (Editor)
Half-hour comedy starring Denis Leary, airing on FX. Produced by Apostle.
Sirens Season Two 2014 (Editor)
Half-hour comedy airing on USA. Produced by Apostle and Fox Television Studios.
Bronx Warrants 2012 (Editor)
Half-hour comedy pilot for FX starring Robert Kelly. Directed by Scott Ellis, produced by Apostle.
My America 2012 (Editor)
Fifty monologues directed by Hal Hartley. Writers include Neil LaBute, Christopher Durang.
Fact Checkers Unit Season Two 2011–12 (Editor)
Web series directed by Dan Beers.
The Robert Kelly U-Haul Show 2012 (Editor)
Talk show pilot presentation starring comedian Robert Kelly. Produced by Apostle.
Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee 2011 (Editor)
Web series pilot starring Jerry Seinfeld. Directed by Christian Charles.
Inside Out 2010 (Editor)
Sitcom pilot directed by Jim O’Doherty, produced by Apostle.
The Marriage Ref Frozen Tundra Promo 2010 (Editor)
Directed by Christian Charles. Starring Jerry Seinfeld.
Greater Building Society commercial campaign 2009 (Assistant Editor)
Directed by Christian Charles. Starring Jerry Seinfeld.
Ned Rifle 2014 (Editor) Directed by Hal Hartley.
Love Sick Love 2011 (Editor) Directed by Christian Charles. Red One camera.
Meanwhile 2010–11 (Editor) Directed by Hal Hartley. Canon 5D camera.
Spirit Cabinet 2010 (Editor) Directed by Jay Stern.
Beneath The River 2009 (Additional Editor) Directed by Brian Strine.
Cheech & Chong’s Hey Watch This 2009 (Editor) Directed by Christian Charles. Panasonic AVC-Intra & Canon 5D cameras.
La Commedia Concert Film & Multimedia Opera 2008 (Editor)
“Film opera” featuring 5 screens of HD & SD video projection & multicamera HD film of Hal Hartley’s production of the opera La Commedia by Louis Andriessen.
Wendy and Lucy 2008 (Post Production Supervisor)
Directed by Kelly Reichardt. Starring Michelle Williams.
Fourhand 2008 (Editor) Directed by Winn Coslick.
Choke 2007 (Assistant Editor)
Directed by Clark Gregg. Starring Sam Rockwell and Anjelica Huston. Edited by Joe Klotz.
Blind Date 2007–08 (Assistant Editor, Post Production Supervisor, Title Designer)
Directed by Stanley Tucci. Starring Stanley Tucci & Patricia Clarkson. Edited by Camilla Toniolo.
Quid Pro Quo 2006 (Title Animator)
Directed by Carlos Brooks. Titles designed by Deborah Ross. Starring Nick Stahl.
Interview 2006 (Title Designer)
Directed by Steve Buscemi. Starring Steve Buscemi and Sienna Miller.
Lake City 2006–07(Assistant Editor, Post Production Supervisor, Visual Effects, Title Animator)
Directed by Hunter Hill & Perry Moore. Starring Sissy Spacek, Troy Garity, Dave Matthews, Rebecca Romijn. Edited by Jeffrey Wolf.
Fay Grim 2006 (Assistant Film & Sound Editor, Trailer Editor, and Title Designer)
Directed and edited by Hal Hartley. Starring Parker Posey and Jeff Goldblum.
The Girl From Monday 2004 (Script Supervisor) Directed by Hal Hartley.
Funny Ha Ha (2001) (Sound Recordist) Directed by Andrew Bujalski.
Trailers & Reels
Joe DeRosa acting reel 2010 (Editor)
Denis Leary’s Suck on This Year book trailers 2010 (Editor)
Tom Papa acting reel 2010 (Editor)
OMD New York 2009–12 (Editor) Freelance editor for media agency. Case studies, pitches, sizzle reels, etc.
Trailer for James Castle: Portrait of an Artist 2008 (Editor) Directed by Jeffrey Wolf.
Presentation reel for Mouseroar & director Christian Charles 2008 (Editor)
Trailer for Jersey Christmas (aka Church and State) 2008 (Editor)
Directed by Eric Weber and James Villemaire.
Robert Kelly: Live at the Village Underground 2014 (Editor) Hour-long stand-up comedy special.
Google Trekkers 2013 (Editor) Behind-the-scenes stories about special Street View collections using the “Trekker” backpack device.
Sandy 2013 (Editor) Documentary about the storm’s aftermath directed by Mitch Epstein.
Years Later: The Unbelievable Truth and its Consequences 2010 (Producer)
DVD Extra for Hal Hartley film.
Colin Quinn – Long Story Short EPK 2010 (Editor)
Directed by Christian Charles. Starring Colin Quinn & Jerry Seinfeld
Jerry Seinfeld Archives 2008 (Editor)
Directed by Christian Charles. Multicamera recordings of Jerry Seinfeld stand-up performances.
Public Speaking 2008 (Red One Workflow Consultant)
Fran Lebowitz Documentary directed by Martin Scorsese.
SOAPnet.com NY Fashion Week Videos 2008 (Editor)
Three 2-3 min. videos edited and posted every day during NY Fashion Week.
Revel in New York 2008 & 2009 (Editor)
Multiple 3-4 min. documentary portraits of NYC residents.
Intro videos for Feigenbaum Hall of Innovation at The Berkshire Museum 2007 (Editor)
James Castle: Portrait of an Artist 2007 (Assistant Editor) Directed by Jeffrey Wolf.
The Making of Fay Grim, or: How Do You Spell Espionage? 2007 (Producer & Editor)
Gregory Van Maanen: Spirit in a Spirit World 2007 (Editor)
Documentary sponsored by the Kohler Foundation.
Upon Reflection: Surviving Desire & Upon Reflection: The Book of Life 2005 (Producer & Editor)
DVD Extras for Hal Hartley Films.
The Life Story of Kyle Gilman as Told to Him by his Mother Mary 2003 (Director, Editor)
Rev. Tim McIntire and the Temple of Comedy 2001 (Director, Editor)
Strange Past 2014 (Director, Editor, Actor)
Google Vision Films 2013 (Editor) Produced by B-Reel.
Two Night Stand Two 2011 (Writer, Director, Editor)
Abracadabra 2009 (Editor) Directed by Julie Pacino.
Steam 2007 (Editor) Directed by Jenny Woodward.
Five Years of Forever 2007 (Editor) Directed by Anthony Jannelli.
Time Travellin’ 2008–09 (Writer, Director, Actor, Animator, Editor) Web Series.
Truth @ 15 Frames Per Second 2006 (Writer, Director, Actor, Editor) Web Series.
Brad Wood Music Video 2005 (Director, Editor)
Two Night Stand 2005 (Writer, Director, Editor)
Getting Laid Tonight 2004 (Writer, Director, Editor)
The Epic Tale of Kalesius and Clotho 2003 (Writer, Director, Star, Editor)
Best Short Film, Anchorage Film Festival, 2003
Martin Scorsese Award, Ivy Film Festival, 2003
Judge’s Award, First Sundays Comedy Film Festival, Nov. 2003
Camera Noise 2002 (Writer, Director, Star, Editor)
Best Comedy, Ivy Film Festival, 2001
Best of Festival, First Look Student Film Festival, 2002
Part-Time Lecturer January–August 2012, New York, NY
- New School Documentary Studies course Editing: Art & Practice
- New School Media Studies course Projects in Digital Editing
Web Producer November 2009–present, New York, NY
Hal Hartley’s PossibleFilms.com
Member Instructor 2007, New York, NY
Motion Picture Editors Guild
- Led technical Avid software course for members of the Editors Guild.
Head of Production and Distribution July 2004–January 2006, New York, NY
Hal Hartley’s Possible Films
- Oversaw production and distribution of independent films made or acquired by Possible Films.
- Booked The Girl From Monday in theaters across the U.S.
- Negotiated with foreign distributors for DVD releases of older titles.
- Edited trailer and designed menus for short film collection DVD.
- Organized retail DVD sales through possiblefilms.com.
Teaching Assistant: “Intermediate Film Production” and “Directing Actors for the Camera”
September 2002–June 2004, Cambridge, MA
Harvard College, Visual and Environmental Studies Department
- Received Harvard University Certificate of Distinction in Teaching
- Worked closely with Visiting Lecturer Hal Hartley.
- Led technical training of two production classes, including operation of 16mm film cameras, DAT sound recording, lighting, synchronization of sound, Steenbeck and Final Cut Pro editing, and Pro Tools sound editing.
- Organized and ran auditions for class demonstrations and student films.
- Mixed student films using Pro Tools.
Graphic Designer August 2001–May 2004, Cambridge, MA
Harvard Film Archive
- Designed bi-monthly 12–20 page bulletin for daily film screenings using QuarkXPress, Photoshop, and CorelDRAW.
Administrator and DVD Production Manager February 2001–December 2003, Cambridge, MA
The Film Study Center at Harvard University
- Created in-house DVD authoring and encoding facility to preserve and distribute films produced at the Film Study Center.
- Managed purchasing, video sales, Macintosh computer technical support, and general administration of the Film Study Center office.
Production Assistant June–August 2000, New York, NY
- Assisted production of hour-long program “Crime Stories”
Production Graphics November 1996–September 1999, Orange, MA
- Prepared graphics and set copy (using CorelDRAW) for silk-screening onto pens and other Advertising Specialty products.
- Member, Motion Picture Editors Guild IATSE Local 700.
- Editing: Proficient with Final Cut Pro, Avid, and Pro Tools.
- Extensive print, web, and film title design experience. Proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, HTML, PHP and CSS.
- Exceptional computer skills. Work very well with Mac or Windows.
- Web and DVD encoding and authoring.
- Real film editing, Steenbeck, sync block, etc.
- Quad-Core Intel Sandy Bridge processor, running Mac OS 10.8 and Windows 7
- Final Cut Pro 7, Avid 6.5, After Effects CC
- 42″ professional Panasonic plasma client monitor